Tuesday, March 13, 2012

You Wish, I wish, Here’s the Dish

Well here I am again(with a super lame title for a post). I totally did not come through with two posts last week but this still falls into a pretty consistent update schedule. Onwards with the story!

 

Last weekend, I helped out a friend running an event for the Children’s Wish Foundation. You Wish was a night of costumes, feathers, glitter, music and burlesque.

       youwishlogo_eyeclose

It was a long day of set-up and prep followed by festivities, tear down and drinks. It felt really good to be so instrumental in an events success. There were definite times when I was frazzled and running around(perhaps when I was on stage for about 30 seconds before the event’s MC stepped in) but overall I feel a really rewarding sense of accomplishment at the end of it all.

Unfortunately, I don’t have figures to provide about how much we raised. I do however know that we were able to fill the bar with family, friends, and positive support for an amazing cause. There was lace, big make-up, and a little bit of skin.  I would definitely do it all over again. And, I urge you to look into burlesque in your area. It is good comedic fun that welcomes all. Confident and sexy women don’t have to be a size zero.

 

And now, on a totally different note. I have my driver’s license back again(no it wasn’t suspended I just lapsed on its renewal). Regardless, it means my wishes are coming true. I don’t have to spend all of my time either trapped in my parent’s basement or at work. So all good and positive thoughts for the future. Leave me a comment if you so choose.

road

XOXO

Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment