Friday, May 14, 2010

More or Less Me

I feel that the first order of business should really be a little tidbit about me. How else are you to know whether or not you want to continue reading this blog in the future? So lets get acquainted and go from there!

I have recently come to discover that I am basically the female version of Paul Rudd's character in "I Love You, Man." I use awkward and outdated slang which usually leads to blank stares and longer than desired gaps in conversation. You may at this moment find yourself hanging your head, staring at the floor because you can't quite bring yourself to make eye contact. It's all good; I have become accustomed to that kind of response too.

Besides, despite my sometimes unsure or uncomfortable demeanor, I know that I am pretty awesome. Not to sound cocky or over-the-top, but I like who I am. And to me, that is noteworthy, so you get to read about it.

If you have interesting taste in music, we should be friends. If you are also somewhat socially awkward, that could work, although our conversations may be weird and involve a handful of impromptu face-making to fill the inevitable lulls on my side of communications. Just as a heads-up.

To finish up, I'll leave you with what I expect to be talking about most often on this blog:
Awesome & Awkward moments
Music
Shoes
How the world is a scary and fascinating place
My family is smarter than yours

So please feel free to drop me a message if you think we could be future chums. Or if you have an interest in my opinion on a matter, let me know and I will get back to you.

Cheers,

Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. Waiting to hear about some awesome moments. Hoping I count as family. And seriously happy at the name of the blog.

    ReplyDelete